Apple iTunes

Apple iTunes

TigerDirect


9.07.2007

 

Refurbished iPhone Owners Get $150 Credit!

I purchased my iPhone a little over 2 weeks ago through Apple's "Refurbished iPhone" section on their online store. I was probably thinking the same thing you are, "They already have refurbished iPhones?". But, after a little research, I found out that Apple treats them as new, so I would have all of the same Apple Care options as if I was buying a brand new one; it was just $100 cheaper at $499 fo an 8 Gig iPhone! So, of course I took the cheaper option. And then, this last Wednesday, Steve Jobs had to make the one announcement I didn't want to hear: a $200 dollar drop on new iPhones, I couldn't help but feel the nation wide "D'oh!!" felt by all early adopters.

The second blow came when I found out that I was outside of the 10 day grace period to receive a credit on the price change. However, as I was reading all of the hype about Steve's decision to give a $100 store credit to everyone outside of 10 days, the light at the end of the tunnel started to come back. And then, I read something about Apple extending the 10 day period to 14 days, the exact amount of time since I had purchased my iPhone! But the big question was whether or not this offer would be extended to my refurbished phone, but I just had to find out!

After a very long, yet highly worth it, hour long wait I was finally able to talk to a Customer Support member, and found out that I did qualify for a credit, but since I had purchased my phone refurbished it would only be $150. Good enough for me!

It feels good to know that I only paid $349 for my iPhone!

So, if you're a proud owner of a refurbished iPhone, and paid $499 like myself, get on the phone and see if you qualify to get your $150 back. And if you can't do that, at least try for the store credit. It's worth it!

(note: While on hold, I learned that as long as you're on a wi-fi network, most of the iPhone's features like YouTube, Mobile Safari & even the iPod still work when you're on the phone!)


Digg!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought the 4gb refurb and right after Steve Jobs spoke I called and received my $150 credit back on my credit card. What makes my deal a little better is, I had the worst customer service representative ever earlier in the week. Apple sent a customer service survey to me and I was truthful. The next day, Apple called me and offered to credit my credit card for $50. So in total, I paid $200 for my 4gb iPhone.

I'm happy!

9/07/2007 10:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read the post. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

1/22/2010 04:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home